Regularly Scheduled Genealogical and Historical Society Meetings
(In alphabetical order)
Afro-American Historical and Genealogical Society - Metro Atlanta Chapter
- The Metro Atlanta Chapter of AAHGS is a non-profit membership organization committed to preservation of the history, genealogy and culture of the African-ancestored populations of the local, national and international community. Anyone interested in learning of future meetings should contact D L Henderson, P.O. Box 54131, Atlanta, GA 30308, or e-mail: email@example.com
Alpharetta Historical Society
- Meets at 7:30 pm on the third Thursday of the month at the Mansell House, 1835 Old
Milton Parkway, Alpharetta 30004. Visitors are always welcome. Call 770-475-4633 for
Augusta Genealogical Society
- Write to AGS at 1109 Broad Street, P. O. Box 3743, Augusta, GA 30914-3743 for more
information about their society.
Carroll County Genealogical Society
- Call (770) 832-7746 for information about their meetings.
- Regular meetings are at 7 p.m. on the 4th Tuesday of each month except December at First Presbyterian Church, 189 Church Street, Marietta, GA. To confirm dates and times, please visit their website (cobbgagensoc.org).visit their website.
- Meets every 4th Thursday (except November
and December when the meetings are on the Thursday before the holiday) at the Douglas County Library on Selman Drive in Douglasville, Ga. Call 770-920-1917 for details or write to us at: Douglas County Genealogical Society, P. O. Box 5667, Douglasville, GA 30154.
- GCSG meets the 2nd Saturday of each month, 9 a.m. to noon, at the Roswell Family History
Center, inside the LDS church in Roswell. Go to the GCSG web page for more information.
- Meets at 7:30 pm on the on the Second Tuesday of each month with a varied program. Visitors are always welcome. Call Tom McConnell at 770-957-2674 for additional information.
- The Society Library at 71 Macon Street in McDonough, Ga. is open from 10 AM to 3 PM on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Saturday hours (July 6 through September 28and) are from 9 AM to 1 PM.
Georgia Department of Archives & History - Lunch & Learn
- If you would like more information or have suggestions for a future Lunch & Learn
Lecture, please contact: Howard Hancock, Reference Archivist, Tel: (404) 656-2370.
Gwinnett Historical Society
- Regular meetings at, 4549 Chamblee Dunwoody Road. No charge. Contact Gary Landau at 770.977.1954 for more information
- Monthly mentoring sessions in The Breman's Library, Spring Street, Atlanta. Contact JGSG at 404.575.3767 for more information or send a message to JGSG@thebreman.org.
- Regular meetings are generally at 7 p.m. on the last Tuesday of each month in Jasper.
Meetings are not scheduled for July or December.
For more information see "Programs and Events"
at the MVHS web site.
National Archives-Southeast Region
National Archives-Southeast Region - is now open at 7 a.m.- 4 p.m.
Monday - Friday for research.
- Please see workshop listings at the top of the page.
Smyrna Historical and Genealogical Society
- Regular meetings are held at Blind & Low Vision Services of No. Ga., 3830 So. Cobb
Drive. Call 770-435-7549 for more information.